I’ve always enjoyed amusing, witty commercials with slogans or tunes that stuck in your head and that you remembered years later.
Okay, let’s take a little test to see how many you recall. If you do well at this quiz you are probably a boob-tube addict or have a fantastic memory.
Below is a list of catchy phrases designed to sell merchandise and make money for their company. Product names have been omitted where necessary. Many of these old classics are still mimicked today.
Answers are provided at the end, so cover them up and don’t cheat. If you get more than 30 correct, you might want to turn off the TV and occasionally get outside for a walk or read a book.
A snappy jingle or clever catch phrase can make or break an ad campaign. Occasionally, an advertising agency will create a slogan or tune that resonates so strongly with the public that it remains in play for years or even decades.
Let’s see how you do.
- There’s always room for —–
- A little dab will do ya.
- Pardon me, would you have any—–
- I can’t believe I ate the whole thing.
- Silly rabbit—–are for kids.
- Tastes great! Less filling!
- It keeps going and going and going …
- The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat.
- Where’s the beef?
- We try harder.
- Nothing beats a great pair of—–
- You get a quick tan with—–
- Please don’t squeeze the—–
- Fly the friendly skies of—–
- Just Do It!
- Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!
- Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t.
- Gimme a break… Gimme a break…Break me off a piece of that—–
- Melts in your mouth, not in your hands
- Don’t leave home without it.
- It’s the real thing.
- It’s so easy, a caveman could do it.
- Like a good neighbor—–is there.
- He likes it! He really likes it! ….. Hey Mikey!
- Think outside the bun.
- Have it your way.
- Good to the last drop.
- The best part of waking up is—–in your cup!
- All of my men wear—–or they wear nothing at all! 30. Plop Plop- Fizz Fizz-. Oh what a relief it is!
- I’d walk a mile for a—–
32.Be all that you can be!
33.That’s what—–is M’m good!
- See the USA in your—–.
- Double your pleasure-double your fun.
- Jell-O. 2. Brylcreem. 3. Grey Poupon. 4. Alka Seltzer. 5. Trix cereal. 6. Miller Lite Beer. 7. Energizer Batteries. 8. Wide World of Sports. 9. Wendy’s 10. Avis rent a Car. 11. L’Eggs 12. Coppertone 13. Charmin. 14. United Airlines. 15. Niki Shoes 16. Life Alert. 17. Almond Joy & Mounds. 18. Kit Kat Bar. 19. M & M’s 20. American Express. 21. Coca-Cola. 22. Geico.23. State Farm. 24. Life cereal. 25. Taco Bell. 26. Burger King. 27. Maxwell House Coffee. 28. Folgers House Coffee. 29. English Leather Cologne. 30. Alka Seltzer. 31. Camel cigarettes. 32. U.S. Army. 33. Campbell’s Soup. 34. Chevrolet.. 35. Wrigley’s Spearmint Gum.
If you’re more than 50 years old you should have gotten at least Twenty-five correct. On the other hand, if you are under 40, 20 would be excellent.