Coastal Clean Day is an international event with more than 60 countries around the world participating, making it one of the largest volunteer efforts on the planet and will take place in Culver City on Saturday, Sept. 20 from 9 a.m. to Noon.
Culver City joins more than 12,000 volunteers from all over Los Angeles County at 70 different sites to take action to rid our beaches and inland waterways of unsightly harmful debris.
CCD in Culver City is a fun way for individuals, neighborhoods, schools, and community and company volunteer groups to get involved and demonstrate their commitment to healthy water.
Each year, Culver City Public Works Environmental Programs and Operations and local community support and participate in the Annual CCD on the Ballona Creek bike path.
– Hosted Registration sites will be located at the following four locations on the Ballona Creek Bike path in Culver City:
– Syd Kronenthal Park (at the bike path entrance)
– Hosted by: Echo Horizon School, www.echohorizon. org.
– Duquesne Avenue (north of Culver City Transportation Building) – Hosted by: Culver City Bike Coalition, www.ccbike.org.
– Overland Avenue (Behind Julian Dixon Library)
– Hosted by: Ballona Creek Renaissance, www. BallonaCreek.org.
– Sepulveda Boulevard, (on Bike/Creek path entrance) Hosted by: Kiwanis Los Angeles.
People are asked to bring family, friends, neighbors and coworkers to participate with the thousands of volunteers around the world in taking a stand against ocean pollution.