10808 Culver Boulevard
The Culver City Book Festival is returning to Culver City and the Wende Museum of the Cold War (10808 Culver Blvd, Culver City) after a two-year break, due to the pandemic. The Book Festival received a Special Event Grant from the City of Culver City and is co-sponsored by the Culver City Arts Foundation, Vagabond Books, Beyond Baroque, Village Well Books & Coffee, in addition to the Wende Museum and will take place on Saturday, February 26, 2022, from 11 AM to 4:30 PM. The Book Festival, which highlights work from small press publishers, creates a platform for lesser-known talents to showcase their literary works, from poetry to novels. Authors are able to engage directly with the community of both avid readers and budding authors alike!
- More than 20 individual small book presses attending and exhibiting
- A number of literary workshops and readings (both in-person and virtually) throughout the day, including:
- An interactive Zoom international poetry reading
- A poetry writing workshop
- A Zine/Chapbook making workshop with Beyond Baroque
- A world premiere live reading of the new anthology Reimagine America (Vagabond)
- Virtual festival tours will also happen throughout the day
The day will finish up with a special group reading by FlowerSong Press at 7 PM at Village Well Books & Coffee (9900 Culver Boulevard, Culver City). Additional programming to be announced.
Participating Small Press Publishers
Book Presses include:
- Beyond Baroque
- World Stage Press
- Red Hen Press
- Tia Chucha Press
- FlowerSong Press
- Paper Press Books
- Golden Foothills Press
- Finishing Line Press
- What Books Press
- Not a Cult Press
- Rose of Sharon Press
- Hinchas de Poesia Press
- Anti-Racist Action Press
- Green Tara Press
- Spectrum Publishing
- Los Angeles Poet Society
- Community Literature Initiative
- Culver City Historical Society
Follow @CulverArts, @villagewellcc, and @wendemuseum on social media to keep up to date on news from the Book Festival including performances, presentations, and more.
The Second Annual Culver City Book Festival is a family-friendly event that will be held both indoors and outdoors following all COVID-19 safety protocols. For more information, please contact Culver City Arts Foundation representative Jim Clarke at email@example.com or (310) 775-1664. Parks Recreation and Community Services Supervisor Darren Uhl can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 253-6655.